Like many practitioners, Janet’s personal experiences with chronic pain have informed her work. A series of physical accidents left her in a state of chronic pain that conventional medicine was unable to relieve or even manage effectively. This led her to research other treatment options that were non-invasive and did not require the use of drugs. In the process of consulting with Richard Wolf Medical Instruments Company, she became the first US distributor for the Well Wave Acoustic Compression device. Prospects for this product included Myofascial and Trigger Point Therapists and introduced her to a medical field that finally helped her recover.
- She is a Certified Myofascial and Trigger Point Therapist (CMTPT).
- She is a licensed clinical massage therapist (LMT)
- She is a certified by the American Council on Exercise as a Personal Trainer
- She is trained in Trigger Point and MyoFascial Therapy attending the Myo Seminar Certification Series.
- She has extensive training on Trigger Points and Myofascial pain from Richard Wolf Medical Instruments.
- She attended the New School of Massage and is licensed in the State of Illinois.
- She is a member of the AMTA.
- She served on the Executive Committee of the National Association of Myofascial and Trigger Point Therapists (NAMTPT).
Ms. Burson uses her decades of diagnostic experience and knowledge of a variety of integrative bodywork techniques to determine and treat the true underlying causes of the chronic pain afflicting so many patients.